Fruit juices - Adding colors and nutrient to your soul
Fruit juices: Adding colors and nutrient to your soul
Facts reveal that more than 70% of the earth is made of water. More than 70% of the human body is made of water. Another interesting coincidence is that over 70% of most fruit is also made of water. All these facts sum up to the necessity of why water is so crucial to the human body and the need to stay hydrated.
There has been a shift in lifestyle over the past few years. Today life is fast-paced, people consume more fast foods, spend long hours at work in air-conditioned offices and have a sedentary work life. This has also lead’s to a steady increase in obesity. In fact, India today has the third-highest number of obese individuals across the globe. One of the key factors leading to Obesity is the lack of regular and adequate water intake. People are now slowly realizing how a simple intake of water or/and any form of liquid intake like juices/ beverage etc. can help weight management and improve overall health. But there is a catch to this - there is a suitable time during the day when these liquids react best with the body and produce the most productive results.
Let us explore how we can optimize our daily liquid intake. Here are a few options available:
Starting of the day:
1. You can start your day by having 2-3 glasses of water in an empty stomach. Water helps kick start the day by cleansing the colon, which in turn improves the efficiency of the intestine to absorb nutrients and flush toxins out. It helps in correcting bowel movement and in turn, keeps the gut healthy. It also increases the body's overall efficiency to fight various infections.
2. Add a tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar with water and have it on an empty stomach to improve your metabolism throughout the day. This potassium-rich drink also helps remove toxins from the body
3. The morning cup of coffee is actually a healthy addiction! It stimulates the body's metabolic rate and contributes to greater oxidation of fat. Some of the other benefits of having coffee include lowering the risk of heart attacks reduces the risk of a few types of cancers, protection against Parkinson's disease, prevention of cavities, etc.
1. Coffee works better as a mid-day or pre-lunch drink. Coffee pre-dominantly contains caffeine, that helps alert the mind & reduced stress. It also helps us a great post-workout drink. Science proves that Coffee helps refuel and recover muscles after a rigorous workout.
2. Fruit juices make a great drink to have during midday. Fruit juices help in body hydration and are a healthy option for the midday food cravings. It is recommended to have Fruit juices at least 30 minutes before lunch or any meal. It might create acidity when consumed post meals and you might harm your body.
3. Coconut water is another option. This natural power-packed drink consists of various vitamins and minerals that help replenish electrolytes in the body. It boosts hydration and reduces blood pressure. It is also a good source of potassium.
1. A glass of warm water post-lunch or heavy meal will help break down the food and aid indigestion. Many cultures like the Chinese and down south Keralites are found to drink warm water only. In fact, ancient Ayurveda is also a strong advocate of drinking warm water frequently and along with meals for a healthy body & easy digestion.
2. A glass of Green tea helps in digestion along with other benefits. Green tea is rich in polyphenols that help reduce inflammation and fight cancer. It also helps reduce the formation of free radicals, protecting cells and molecules from damage. Green tea has been a very popular drink in recent years and is available in a variety of flavours and variants. You will only need a cup of warm water to dip in the Green tea bag and your Green tea is ready to drink. Green tea is best consumed without sugar or milk.
3. Buttermilk or Chaas or Moore is another good alternative to drink post-lunch. Buttermilk is made of a mixture of curd and water with spices like ginger, cumin seeds, coriander or curry leaves, pepper, and salt in the electric mixer. This concoction helps wash down fats & oil after a heavy meal. The spices ginger, pepper & cumin are natural digestive aids that help digest a heavy meal faster.
1. The 2 most popular beverages that are consumed in the evening are tea & coffee. We have already seen the benefits of coffee. An evening cup of coffee will kick in just the right amount of caffeine that will shake off the evening slackness and improve your alertness.
2. The India tea or “chai” brew is made of black tea, cinnamon, ginger, fennel, and cardamom. These spices have varied health benefits and help in improving heart health by reducing bad cholesterol, keeps blood pressure under control & also contributes to weight reduction. Not to mention, “chai” will easily drive away from the sluggishness & refreshes you instantly.
1. Here we list down drinks that help you unwind easily and sleep better night after a long day. The first option is warm milk. This is age-old wisdom and has passed on for generations. Warm milk contains a significant amount of amino acid tryptophan. This converts the natural hormone melatonin in the body that helps regulate the natural sleep state.
2. Cherry juice is the latest addition to the list of drinks that promotes sleep. According to recent studies, tart cherry juice increases the levels of exogenous melatonin, that improves quantity and quality of sleep
3. Chamomile tea is known to be a stress buster but is even better as a sleep inducer. Chamomile contains an antioxidant called apigenin. This Apigenin binds to certain receptors in the brain and reduces stress and anxiety. This, in turn, promotes sleep.
4. Banana smoothie is a power-packed option that helps regularise sleep patterns. It's easy to make with minimal key ingredients of milk and bananas. Sweetener to be customized as per requirement. The Magnesium and potassium in bananas relax the muscles and promote sleep. They are an excellent healthy option to fight the late-night hunger cravings.
With a plethora of options to stay hydrated, you only need to choose an option that is viable to follow regularly. Alternately, go ahead and try out all these options & make drinking fluids refreshing, fun and interesting activity!!!